Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Grrrrrrr.......

Two reference librarians called in sick today. Since two others work this evening, and therefore aren't on the schedule till noon or after, and our "official sub" is on the schedule for tonight, and another librarian is on vacation (like, when isn't she?), this leaves the director and me to cover this morning on Reference.

Here's the thing: there's sick, and then there's sick. You know how when one person says "I love you" you look at them as if they've grown a third head? But then someone else says "I love you" you swoon and have that stomach-dropping happy rollercoastery feeling?

Yeah, there's "I love you" and then there's "I love you." And there's sick, and then there's sick. And we all know that some people's sick is just . not . sick.

Update, 11:30 a.m.: We have an official epidemic. Another librarian--the one scheduled to work 12 to 9--just called in sounding ickier than pig-puke.

So.

I need a drink.

No comments: