Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ow

...but in a good way!

I had a wonderful deep-tissue massage last night. And when I say deep, I think even my kidneys are bruised! Wonderful; this kind of pain is what I call "honest" pain, as opposed to the kind of pain acheived through sitting in a chair.

Anyway. my 'trigger points' have been taken down several notches, I have another appointment in a couple of weeks to remind them to behave, and she gave me some pointers on sitting properly. She also told me I'm getting shoulder slump, so I need to work on Shoulders Back, Private!

And I came home to anarchy. But it all ended ok--after two hours' work of sturm und drang and accusations of me nagging and being hateful. Once you've heard that a few times, the emotional impact lessens considerably. ;-) By the end, we were dealing with those oh-so-simple problems like: what's the point of our lives? I don't know what to do with my life (i.e. what I want to be when I grow up). How am I supposed to get a job? I only have two friends in the whole school; no one likes me.

This is why I'd never want to be a middle school teacher!

No comments: