Thursday, August 04, 2005

What's up

New books posted here. Well, they were new to me, anyway.

The Beast has come out of his epidural this morning well. Y'know, the most exciting part of this whole thing, for me, is trying to figure out how much of what happens in the recovery room and on the ride home he actually remembers. If you aren't familiar with the medical term "twilight," it's basically the equivalent of a drunken blackout without the hangover. And without the potential lethal side-effects of doing completely asisinine things while in that state.

In other news, I caused a car accident today on the ride home from the hospital. No one got hurt, the other car had no damage, and The Beast's car just has a small crease in the driver's door. The cop who came said that technically he was out of his jurisdiction and, while he could call the sheriff to come, that would just mean I'd get a ticket. The other driver told Beastie--before the cop arrived--that the car was borrowed, he didn't have his license with him, and he had outstanding tickets. We, all four of us, agreed that calling the sheriff would serve no purpose. Therefore, I still have a pristine driving record. And, I didn't cry at all during the whole incident.

On the other hand, I will probably need Valium to get to sleep tonight. Too bad we don't have any....

No comments: