Friday, May 27, 2005

Arrivals?

Quickly checked email before leaving home this morning. I found this from today's travelers:
Unfortunately after checking in and being through customs in 5min. The baggage handler drove his vehicle into the plane! The engineers are looking at it but not very helpful.

We have just been taken to a hotel for lunch, back to the airport for 2.30pm but we still maybe waiting for another plane from London.

We'll keep you informed.

See u much late
They were scheduled to land at 1:30ish. The current ETA ranges from 4:45 to 7:30, although the earlier number seems to be the most likely.

The weather at this end at that point is supposed to be "thunderstorms" compounded by vacation weekend traffic.

They are renting a car, but have never driven on the right-hand side of the road.

At this point there is not a thing anyone can do until they land. Air travel totally makes you realize how very little control you really have in life. So you just have to laugh, shrug and carry on. My niece is quite good at that; I can actually hear her laugh in my head as I type this.

They will be dead-tired whenever they finally arrive, probably close to 24 hours after getting up this morning.

Now for the health report: I'm no longer coughing as much and my throat doesn't hurt but I'm really dizzy (no commentary please!), so dizzy I feel like I just got off some awful amusement park ride. The room is tipping and my stomach is actually rocky. What a weird feeling. Can we all say "inner ear infection" together?

Here I am, at work. yish

No comments: