Friday, April 15, 2005

Whew! Today...sucked

Word of the day: extant \EK-stunt; ek-STANT\, adjective:
Still existing; not destroyed, lost, or extinct.

I am, indeed, still extant, but only because Sleek is not armed with an AK-47 with which to shoot stupid librarians.

I was on the Reference Desk about 3 hours today. Everything broke.

Dead computers
5This is about the only thing that didn't happen, possibly because I absented myself before it could actually occur. But it's certainly what I wanted to do. More than once; more than about 10 times.

Plus, it's April 15 (Tax Day for those who don't wait till the bloody last minute to file. Boy, there are a lot of stupid people in the world. [She says, appreciating the irony.]

Quote(s) of the day:
"There it was, hidden in alphabetical order." --Rita Holt


{(The upside is that the weather is lovely, and I don't have a lot of inside activities to do this weekend; time to attack the weeds in our yard!)}

No comments: