Sunday, April 17, 2005

Update

Word of the day: panegyric \pan-uh-JIR-ik; -JY-rik\, noun:
1. A lofty, formal composition or speech in praise of someone or something.
2. Formal or elaborate praise.

It's a Sunday. My weather icon here at work says it's 74 degrees outside. I've spent the last 4+ hours cataloging DVDs and books on CD.

No weeding has happened at home. And I doubt it will at this point--this weekend--but that's ok. The weeds will wait for us (huh) and I got a whole book read yesterday instead.

Church this morning was good. We had a praise band come show us how worship can be done. Sparky hates it: too embarrassing for words for him. He also was antsy because he was to go to a friend's house directly from church for a birthday party. If I can find the website for the band, I'll post it here. Later.

Now I'm going home. Maybe I'll beat The Beast home; he's been doing mission work in the Big City to the West at a halfway house for former prison inmates. He told me some of his conversations with folks yesterday. Very humbling. He loves being able to do this kind of thing.

Ciao.

Quote(s) of the day:
"They say that God is everywhere, and yet we always think of Him as somewhat of a recluse." --Emily Dickinson


God is not a recluse.

No comments: