Thursday, April 07, 2005

A Memo to the Boss

Hi, [Boss].

I'm going to start working on the gift cart now. I feel like I've been playing all morning!

The 800-809 list is in Review File #143, sorted by call number.

Cardholders' information:

  • Review file # 54 is male ... patrons
  • Review file # 5 is female ... patrons
  • Review file #146 is (ahem) officially neutered patrons...I can work on "guessing" their gender if you'd like, so that they get into one or the other of the lists! :-)


  • Circ stats stuff:

  • On the shared drive, loose, there are three Excel files, all beginning with the word "Circs."
  • I ran reports by the full year of what circed sorted by men and women.
  • Then I did the same thing sorting by gender and ICode1 for the last full year.
  • At that point I realized that we'd changed how we did ICodes last summer, so I ran the second report again for August through March.
  • Also on the shared drive is a list of ICode1 numbers, sorted numerically so (if you don't have them all memorized) you can figure out what's what.


  • The problem with this is that not every library uses the same codes, so there will be some in the reports that aren't on the list. I'm trying to figure out how to exclude other libraries' items, or how to sort by call number. If I have a breakthrough I'll let you know!

    ALSO, I've done the Treasure Hunt questions. They are saved in the shared drive, loose, as well, under "2005 Friends treasure hunt." Take a look and let me know if it's too obscure. I tried to give hints: how many letters, etc. Do you want the 'answer,' i.e., what the letters are all supposed to spell? I double-, triple-, and fourple-checked this time to be sure I didn't leave off any clues or letters!!!!

    And, by the way, I did find the 'pirate chest' at home, so I can bring it in again.

    [Cat]
    "Read, every day, something no one else is reading.
    Think, every day, something no one else is thinking.
    Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do.
    It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity." -- Christopher Morley

    So. There you have it. I can pretend to be Jen!c@ while she's at her conference. OK, or not!

    No comments: