Friday, April 08, 2005

Fridee

It's an at-home day today.

I did a shortish post this morning with the WOTD and QOTD. It, and they, has/have vanished into the ether that was Blogger at that point. So we'll have to tough out this day without "official" words and quotes. Ah gee.

So this morning, after arm-wrestling and losing 5 outta 5 fights to Blogger between 7:30 and 8, I washed my hair, I spent TIME on ablutions, I had a leisurely phone conversation with the Beast about the possibility of getting DSL and/or wireless at home... (I don't understand it at all, so I'm glad he's taking care of it) ... because our ISP just billed us for the year and the price has gone up from $120 to about $170 for dial-up. Nothing like financial motivations to get us to make a decision! ...

... I read for an hour and a half straight--haven't done that in awhile--grabbed the closest pair of shoes and my sunglasses, rolled to Sam's Club for gas, and to my allergist where I saw the doctor and also got my regular shots (but I may be on the last few months of those!!).

Then I allowed myself 20 minutes to shop:

  • 60w lightbulbs (which appeared on the shopping list spot on the fridge sometime recently)
  • 2 pillowcases to take apart and make curtains
  • 1 new candle for bathtime ("dusty rose")
  • 4 candles for the fireplace mantel ("sunny meadow")
  • 1 new candle that smells heavenly (three layers: "vanilla soufflé/caramel crème brûlée/white chocolate mousse" yoicks!!)
  • a diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
  • a Big Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
I drove home with the windows down and my hair tangling, listening to Brian Setzer.

It's lovely outside. I'm taking my Dr. Pepper and going outside to sit on the porch and read.

The Porch

No comments: