Thursday, March 03, 2005

Why I like Thursdays

Word of the day: gelid \JEL-id\, adjective:
Extremely cold; icy.
Quote(s) of the day:
"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." –Ray Bradbury
Mood: Good
Listening to: Was listening to Uncle Kracker, but now it's just blowers
Where am I? Work

One of the famous centralized-library Gs is here. Here! Wow, we are honored.

Of course, what it means is that we are that much closer to having ebooks (audio), and therefore, that much closer to me having to figure out how to access these things. Ugh. No fun.

But G. is fun. He always is so calm and unaffected.

My cart is empty. I cleared it--except for the dreaded Bottom Shelf--yesterday. I'm down to about 10 kids books and 3 books-on-CD, plus all the weird stuff: some puzzles, a lot of (mostly Spanish) CDs, some book/tape (or CD) kits and a few books which aren't in OCLC yet. That means I should be able to do some original cataloging this afternoon, if I get my act together enough.

In other words, I get to do my job today! Shock!

No comments: