Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Who is she singing about??

Read these slow. It could be a table of contents for a modern novel.

But it's not.

I wished on the moon -- What a little moonlight can do -- Miss Brown to you -- If you were mine -- These 'n' that 'n' those -- You let me down -- Life begins when you're in love -- It's like reaching for the moon -- These foolish things (remind me of you) -- I cried for you -- Did I remember? -- Summertime -- Billie's blues -- A fine romance -- One, two, button your shoe -- Easy to love -- The way you look tonight -- Pennies from heaven.

That's life I guess -- I can't give you anything but love -- He ain't got rhythm -- This year's kisses -- Why was I born? -- I must have that man -- My last affair -- Moanin' low -- Let's call the whole thing off -- They can't take that away from me -- I'll get by (as long as I have you) -- Mean to me -- Foolin' myself -- Easy living -- I'll never be the same -- Without your love -- Who wants love? -- Trav'lin' all alone.

He's funny that way -- Nice work if you can get it -- Things are looking up -- My man -- Can't help lovin' dat man -- When you're smiling -- I can't believe that you're in love with me -- When a woman loves a man -- You go to my head -- I'm gonna lock my heart (and throw away the key) -- The very thought of you -- I can't get started -- I've got a date with a dream -- Long gone blues -- Some other spring -- Them there eyes -- Swing! Brother, swing! -- Night and day.
Gotta love Billie.

No comments: