Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Tuesday at work

Word of the day: ambuscade \AM-buh-skayd; am-buh-SKAYD\, noun:
An ambush.
transitive verb:
To attack by surprise from a concealed place; to ambush.

Quote(s) of the day:
"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." --Bertolt Brecht
Mood: OK
Listening to: I'm about to start a new "Ode to" disc
Where am I? Work

I've been at work half an hour. I've sorted all the crap on my desk into apprpriate piles, thus providing access to my monitor, I've read about 1/3 of my emails, taken a call from a plugged-up/drugged-up Beast, and realized that I don't really want to be here.

But I don't really want to go home either.

Random Thoughts:
  • Hospital waiting rooms look a lot like airports now. And that's not really a good thing. Except the chairs are better.
  • Hospital cleaning solution is really awful-smelling. Why?
  • Every single person at Sherman was really nice and helpful and friendly. How often can you say that about anyplace??
  • My shoulder is killing me. Not that this is anything new, but it goes to show that stress is the reason for it.
  • I'm tired all the time lately. I know it's because of some new meds I'm taking, but it really sucks. Not sure if the tradeoff is worth it.
  • Go to my Monday Mambo and guess!
  • I'll be posting Jenica's meme-y thing later this week. Not sure if I can do it today; it looks like I really should focus on work today. The best way to explain how I know this is that it's a good thing I don't have claustrophobia: there are piles of books everywhere
  • Speaking of which, was anyone else cringing last night during The Amazing Race, watching books get man- (and woman-) handled??
  • And why is claustrophobia not fear of Santa? ;-)
Right! Enough. To work. NOW!!

No comments: