Monday, March 28, 2005

Random post-Easter thoughts

Word of the day: contemn \kuhn-TEM\, transitive verb:
To regard or treat with disdain or contempt; to scorn; to despise.
{how unfortunate a word choice for a lovely day like today}
Quote(s) of the day:
"Talking with you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out of body experience." --Bill Watterson
{but THIS is a perfect quote}
Mood: Good, but still sick
Listening to: Sparky in the shower. He's been in the bathroom above where I'm sitting for over 30 minutes. There is lots of thumping going on right now.
Where am I? Home

  • Quotes from yesterday's sermon (loosely based around the Terry Shiavo case):
    • "Joy is not achievable, but it is receivable."
    • "...spiritual vegetative state .... persistent vegetative state of the soul..."
    • Ante-ing in our time just to stay in the game of life is not the way to live our lives.
    Great sermon!

  • What could possible possess a man to tell his wife that she's boring--because she stays home with his kids?--and has no future aspirations when he is confronted with proof of his own wandering penis? And then effectively telling his wife that the woman in New Orleans is more interesting and her kid is more worthwhile than the two he helped create.
    Wait, I get it: he's NOT a man, he's an overgrown adolescent.

  • Do you suppose that jellybeans and malted milk balls for breakfast (washed down with Diet Dr. Pepper) has any effect on my weight or health?
    Yeah. Me too. I'll go have a bagel now to make up for it.

  • It's supposed to reach the 60s today! I can 'legally' wear a T-shirt and not be called ridiculous. Not that I have been called that, but....

  • There is something in the house that's beeping every five minutes or so. Sparky and I can't figure out what it is. It's not any of the cordless phones, and it's the wrong sound for a smoke detector. It's going to make me nuts if I don't figure it out.

  • Two nights spent in a recliner do not really count as sleep.

  • J had a baby boy! He had to be dragged out, but was over 7 lbs. and 20 inches long. He is adorable (not that I've seen him, but I'm sure he is). He's NOT going to starve, she's NOT going to kill her mother (or any other adult relatives), and she IS going to develop amnesia about the past week. At least the bad parts. And she IS a fabulous mommy. Trust me. I know these things.

  • I wonder what I'm going to do today? I really have no firm plans. Which is kind of nice but somehow it makes me anxious, too.

No comments: