Thursday, February 24, 2005

Famosa

Weather: 24 degrees (feels like 24); cloudy [of course]
Mood: Pretty good, actually; best I've felt in a week
Listening to: Blowers, chit-chat
Where am I? Work

Yep, I've made it to the big leagues. What an honor.

All good things the past 24 hours. I'm actually feeling human.

However, we got more bad news last night about our godson with Reactive Attachment Disorder. I'm now emailing the library where our friends live to see if they have any suggestions for youth counseling/social service in the area. There must be a youth/family organization SOMEwhere that can help them. The parent(s) are getting very close to reaching the end of their (her) rope; there was discussion of putting bars on windows and a steel door in the bedroom.... {edited: It's 6+ hours later; that library has not contacted me yet! They have my email, my phone and a street address! Wtf!! Bad library, bad!!}

It keeps everything in perspective.

Today's quote of the day (an Italian proverb): "Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box." And the word of the day: eschew.

So I'm going to eschew blogging for the rest of the morning and get back to work so that I can get boxed up with the King. Er, no, that's not right....

No comments: