Thursday, December 16, 2004

On the way to work

Mood: Good
Hair: Clean, blown-out...scary: twice in a week!

So, bad news first: if you mailed your Christmas package(s) earlier this week with UPS, find that tracking number and go to UPS.com to check on it. There was a fire overnight. Mine were supposed to be shipped, but they aren't yet. whew

In better news, today is Beethoven's birthday. Perhaps I'll go find a CD of his to listen to while I work today.


In other news, my mom definitely has had some kind of stroke, or stroke-like episode. She's mushy-mouthed, and I made her cry last night by telling her I'd like to give her a hug, at which point she basically hung up on me so she wouldn't 'waste money' crying on the phone. She's so miserable.

This led me to the brain wave that I'm now equidistant from my 16th birthday and my 65th. I realized that in the car during a lull in the news, whereupon NPR Googled my brain and did a story on how Bush wants to fuck up Social Security.


And finally, I passed two high school kids waiting for different school busses (buses?) today... actually, there were about 30, but I'm only going to mention these two.... They were wearing T-shirts with no coats/scarves/hats/gloves. It is about 30 degrees today, with the requisite wind. The question is, are they:
a) stupid
b) high
c) poor
d) parentless
e) some combination of above.

Time to do some work: demand order, continuations, miscellany, and GIFT CART! Those are my goals anyway.

No comments: