Thursday, December 02, 2004

It's just one of those existential days

There seems to be a theme here. And not just musically, but I swear I didn't pick these for their content beyond vocal talent:

Exhibit A Ana Gabriel: smiling on the cover of her CD. Ana Gabriel: having a really sad day in nearly every song! She has a fabulous voice, but she’s all about lágrimas, faltaras and obsessión. Even her chipper tunes have sad lyrics. Wonder if she can sing happy songs. Honestly, “Lo Sé” will make you tear up whether or you know what she’s saying:
Sé que es mejor que no insista
y alejar mis locuras
para siempre de mi
Sé que no tengo salida
que mi amor te lastima
no eres para mi

Sé tanto lo sé
pero que puedo hacer
Si te llevo conmigo
Exhibit B Dixie Chicks: about idiot guys they are dating or have dated/married. But funny, not sad like Ana.

I'm waiting for a call-back from a friend who called me/us in dire straits last night. See above, exhibits A & B. Which brings to mind that song by the Rolling Stones:
I’m just trying to make some sense
Out of these girls go passing by
The tales they tell of men
I’m not waiting on a lady
I’m just waiting on a friend
Not exactly apropos, but the feeling is right.

The Beast is healing up just fine, is at work for part of the day, and even is looking human again. He’s a sweetie. Too bad his job sucks.

Tap-tap-tap go my fingernails.

No comments: