Thursday, December 02, 2004

End o' the day

Mood: OK, but fading

Add John Mellencamp's self-titled Columbia/1998 CD to the list. And along come these lyrics:
Eden is burning
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
...
You and me in the sunshine
How could have I been wrong about you?
How could I have been so wrong about you?
So that makes it a trifecta. If it were a horse, that would be good. If it weren't a relationship...

Anyway. We'll carry on with John and then Bach and some Baroque music (read: no lyrics) on Saturday when next I'm here. Who knows what will have happened by then.

Now I have must pick up Sparky from school, where he has spent the last hour or so building a robot for a competition a week from Saturday. Very nerdy, eh? This year, because of extra donors, all the kids are able to actually compete, not just half of them. Sometimes it's good to ask the parents if they are willing to fork over a little extra for something specific.

I have recovered from the hysterics suffered earlier while picturing two people wearing the same shirt. But NOT the same pants. Oh my.

I have recovered from Cranky Tech's tantrum today, spurred by the reference to a front-page picture in yesterday's paper of a woman who looks remarkably like Cranky Tech. Except it's not her. Whatever. Another case of Thank God she's not talking to me! In this case, she's not talking to ANYone....

Life is good. Life is bad. Life is.

No comments: