Saturday, November 06, 2004

Here I am

Mood: OK
Hair: Pony

Yesterday would have been my dad's 85th birthday. It's also Tammy O.'s 41st. {{wave}}

Weird Medical Site of the Day: Amazing what beauty the body creates, albeit painfully. From Uncle Jazz.

Sparky and The Beast (NOT to be confused with Pinky and the Brain) are in a People-to-People meeting here right now, while I "work." The first of many. There are 28 kids, so they will be combining with another group to bring the number up closer to 40.

I'm wondering if I have it in me to be a chaperone for one of these trips...

I've been reading lots this week (escapism is good, eh?) and I will eventually get around to putting them all in the other blog. But it's been an interesting mix: old Egyptian papyrus, the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo in general, bear attacks, and a guy being killed with a cannonball out of his collection of life-size medieval war machines.

Fittingly enough, I'm cataloging a book about Kafka, which seems to match my mood and the mood of the world (or at least North America) right now....

No comments: