Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Shades of my childhood (settlement CDs)

The first year I really listened to the radio, nonstop, these were the hits:

That's the way (I like it) ... Fly, Robin, fly ... The hustle ... Love will keep us together ... Lady ... Lovin' you ... Poetry man ... When will I be loved ... Wildfire ... Miracles ... Saturday night ... Pick up the pieces

I know the words--all of them--for about six of these songs (not counting The Hustle, since those amount to "Do the Hustle!" I can, however, DO the Hustle, but only under extreme duress). The rest I recognize enough to hum along.

Did I listen to the radio too much? Um, well, yeah.

Every time I hear Wildfire, I get all pre-teen weepy and want to go live in a cabin in the mountains with a guy with a bushy beard wearing a flannel shirt. My childhood was warped by this music!

No comments: