Saturday, September 25, 2004

Saturday in the...cube?

Mood: OK
Hair: Twist and clip

Up to shop at Kohl's at 7 a.m. today because it's their 70% sale. Sparky has new jeans!

He was down to something like 4 pair of pants (trousers for non-Americans...) that fit. Last night was try-on-and-toss night in his room. Get this: he got rid of about 18 T-shirts....he still has about 15 left. So he has about 5 new pairs of jeans, 3 new (long-sleeved) shirts, and 2 new pairs of shorts.

Plus I got a pair of jeans and a $4 shirt. And a pair of earrings. Shoes and earrings--I can't control myself around them, especially earrings. I probably have 70 pair. I'm the Imelda of earrings. And I wear them all (mind you, it takes some time since I've only got one hole in each ear).

And The Beast got a chain for the cross he bought at St. Paul's in July.

So everyone is happy about that. I was home by 8, so I could change clothes and leave again. Off to earn the money to pay the $180 Visa bill from this morning.

So here I am at work. With a good crew today: Librarians F and N, my favorite tech (who is doing circ today for the most part), my favorite page, the preggo circ tech, and the tech we call Speedy. No headphones today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did I mention I'm doing a "How To Blog" class? Uhm, can anyone out there suggest any other sites besides Blogger that would be easy to teach: they can't cost money (I'm a librarian after all, and a cheapskate--see above), they can't be insanely complicated or non-intuitive, and they can't be too HTML-y (since I'm not that good at it, really, I know you're all shocked).

We haven't actually scheduled this class. When it gets closer to actually occurring, I may be asking for volunteers of whose blogs I can show people (or non-volunteers: "PLEASE DON'T show mine!") as good examples. I promise not to cop to knowing anyone in blogland! :-)

Must. Work. Now.

No comments: