Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Midweek, still cold, NOT sunny

Monday: IKEA with Katherine. She, of course, spent very little in comparison to me. BUT, I'm very proud--I spent under $80 including lunch. Bought a table for the spare room . Also a lighthouse print (not available online) and frame. Hangers. Two kinds. And a cutting board. "Wok spatula"/regular spatula. I love IKEA.

Tuesday. Worked. Simmed till 11 p.m. Son was in the doghouse again. I think he should just take a sleeping bag and move in there. Pa-in-Law is home. Not 100%, but not in ICU. That's good enough for us.

Wednesday. Working. Church for dinner, class. Home, where I should get our So-Late-They-Are-Easter-Cards addressed, but where I probably actually will Sim.

Son is still alive. Hangin' by a thread as far as I'm concerned. [snort]

I can't wait to leave for Colorado--8 days! I'm so definitely doing the Russell Stover tour this time (after 30 years!!) OK, it's not a tour, but it's Low Carb Headquarters. It says so, therefore it must be true. Doubt we'll get to Ouray, though I surely wish we could.

Lessons learned this week:
1) Don't put the director on the Ref Desk; she'll just find work for you.
2) Don't get into a betting (no money) pool unless you know what the prize is.
3) Birds singing with snow flying through the air is weird but a very cool experience. In fact, even without sun, today was really pretty outside.
4) I hate telecourses.
5) I'm glad I have a hat that says Leave Me Alone here at work. It will be in use tomorrow.

No comments: