Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Thursday fun.

That's irony, for the uninformed...

I'm all about lists today.

Prelim: Alarm will go off at 5:55 which on my clock means 5:45 a.m. Snooze at least once. Race around getting self organized for 7 a.m. departure for MEES (I'm sure either the boy or I will forget something, as usual). Castigate self for not getting up earlier (at 5:20) and exercising. As usual. Promise self to do better, and stop for liter bottle of Dr. P at CuteGuy MiniMart (this guy is downright fricking amazingly gorgeous)(and half my age).

1. Reference Staff meeting. At 8 a.m. Thinking about printing off last Sunday's page from RefGrunt and using that as my Show-and-Tell. Will The Boss appreciate the humor?? Our last meeting before The Pregnant One departs into Motherhoodland.

2. Catalog State Literacy Grant 2003 books, about 60% of which we already own at least one copy. Can you say redundant and wasteful? sigh... Plus they're a pain cuz they're all in Spanish and the subject headings are inconsistent and frequently sucky.

3. Catalog new books with holds on them. More fun than #2.

4. Listen to annoying people talk loudly behind me while I try to work. This is not really number 4; it will be going on while I'm doing everything else. And even if I decide to listen to Celia as loud as I can stand, I'll still be able to hear...SOME people.

5. Eat a piece of 5-day-old shower-cake. Eat two pieces. So much for South Beach. Eat another small piece. THAT one is lunch!

6. Explain to The Boss how I fixed the problems she left on my desk today. Explain why some of the problems aren't. Problems, that is. Try to figure out why Mil. keeps saying "The Golden Age of Network Radio..." is a Book on Tape when it's really a Book on CD. Pull hair out.

7. Leave work, pick up Sparky, go home, open fridge and say, "Looks like leftovers tonight!" Hope the soup thaws by then...

8. Clean the damn house so the cleaning ladies can clean on Friday.

9. Pet a guinea pig. Or two. Change shirts after one (or both) pee on me. eieew...

10. Watch Survivor, run a hot bath and read till I doze off. Get out, go to bed, read till book bonks me on the chin and reminds me to close it and drop it on floor. Sleep.
Good ending at least.