Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Sad story

Meant to post this last night. Two of our regulars at the library, an older couple who also came to my church occasionally when they felt churchy, were found in their garage last Friday. Dead. She had cancer and I guess I understand her reasoning. Not so much his. But they had clearly been planning this for some time .... now some of their behavior becomes obvious. They had had their son exhumed (he died long ago) and cremated in December, for example.

I'm very sad, but also rather proud of them and amazed. I'm not surprised. At all. They were rather (er) DEFINITE people. I could never picture my mom doing this. Or me (whose tagline at work right now is something about being decisive. Or not). I rather think (hope?) they won't be exiled from heaven based on this final decision, so I guess that means I can't be Catholic. Whew.

Something to ponder. Been meaning to blog something about a letter in Newsweek...I'll get to that later.

No comments: