Friday, February 27, 2004

Reflection

Good Things About This Week:
1. Mine was better than either of the men in this household!
2. I got my list of "Books-to-Read" typed up and organized in Excel so now I can sort by year, author, title, order of entry, etc. I need to get checked for OCD. This is nuts.
3. My biennial (biannual?? whatever: every other year...) bone-density scan is done. Also made all the doctor's appointments for annual checkups, including the dentist.
4. Found out the guinea pigs are pregnant.
5. I'm not likely to wither up and blow away anytime soon...unfortunately.
6. The sun was out for most of the week.
7. Angel owes me. Big-time!
8. I have a helper for the data-entry stuff at church.
9. The Spelling Bee semifinals.
10. A whole pint of Culver's custard. For me.



REALLY NICE MOMENTS:
  • The frost on the treeline at the edge of the subdivision, and elsewhere, yesterday morning was incredibly lovely.
  • I saw a cardinal about an hour ago.
  • Kathi's bulbs are peeking out the ground.
  • Realizing that we handled the Sparky's crisis on Wednesday like really mature adults: no shouting, threats or stupidity.
  • Being Above It All this morning with one of the Sparky's (female) torturers from the MEES spelling bee and watching her wait for me to Bite Her.
  • Not breaking my Lenten promise. Yet.
  • WARM WARM SUN SUN WARM SUN SPRING IS COMING WINTER IS OVER [this was a more-than-once moment, pretty much every day this week]
  • Remembering that no matter how hectic or awful things get, they can always be worse...
Upcoming Things I'm Happy About:
1. A fun Sunday School lesson--finally.
2. Someone to fill in at the School Store for the rest of the year!
3. Lotsa books to catalog.
4. March (as in "no more February") hallelujah
5. Buying plane tickets to England for Ruth's wedding.
6. Lunch with Arlene.
7. Guinea pig babies.
8. Seeing our bald and muddy "lawn."

No comments: