Wednesday, February 04, 2004

New books

In order of appearance:

The Big Splat: or How Our Moon Came to Be (Mackenzie)
The Secret Life of Sharks (Klimley)
When Life Nearly Died (Benton)
The Zero Game (Meltzer)
"Are You There Alone?" The Unspeakable Crime of Andrea Yates (O'Malley)

Me: freaked out. And teary.

I hate how these books stack up sometimes. Really, I just do them by size--these are all 24 cm.

Having just had another one of Those Talks with Sparky last night, the kind where you take several layers of enamel off your teeth while trying not to blow the vocal cords screaming....I still don't understand Andrea Yates.

Which is probably good.

Except I understand enough to know that it isn't unimaginable.

And it makes me so sad. For the kids, for their family, for people who knew them, and for her. What a tragedy.

No comments: