Friday, January 23, 2004

WORK

I am about halfway through this list of 584 UK records for items we own, correcting the anomalous British cataloging fields, including weird subject headings. My estimate is that 80% of the "problem children" are Large Type. And a lot of those are those horrible junky paperback romances, a la Harlequin, from about 1965. I have a list of about 30 that I have to find so I can finish the 260 and 300 fields (and some of the 245 fields too!).

Who can I thank for this? Ugh.

My favorite Reference question of recent memory: How long should it take a man to shave using an electric shaver?

Anybody wonder why I love my job? That is such a perfect question, and completely unanswerable. If it had been a kid, I probably would have suggested using that as a basis for their next science experiment.

I've given up RM for the time being; I'm listening to Celia Cruz today, Series 32 (after trying the Eurhythmics and a disc of Billie Holiday covers yesterday). "Guantanamera" and "Soy Loco Por Ti America." whee. Next up, Nina Simone. Or maybe I'll just replay Celia.

Back to the list....

No comments: