Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Nothing getting done at work

....mostly because I don't feel too great--plugged-up head and runny nose. Also had to work Circ. for an hour, and it took me an hour to answer emails when I first got here. And I slept crappy last night. So there's my excuse(s).

One of those email strings I've got flying through the 'box is re "why catalogers don't do their work." Well, that's a bit brusque; it's really about why we aren't properly trained and why we don't stand up for ourselves and demand better training.

And I'm still fighting with these stupid Chilton's books--they don't seem to have the dates-covered noted anywhere. Apparently, I'm supposed to flip through each of the 5 books and note the dates myself. Grr.

Then there's Demco; called Jody this a.m. and she said she'd faxed me last week, and she'd send it again this morning. That was almost 2 hours ago: the fax is about 4 feet away from me. No faxes have come through. Aargh.

On the up-side, we saw Cheaper by the Dozen yesterday (a comedy of errors in that, too). Cute. Not at all like the play or the original book, but cute. VERY clean, can't quite figure out the PG rating.

No comments: