This is January:
The lighthouse of Westerheversand is situated on the German North Sea coast in the northern part of the peninsula of Eiderstedt.
Work on the lighthouse began in 1906.
The lighthouse itself is constructed of hundreds of pre-manufactured plates of cast iron. The light was finally lit for the first time in 1908. The light has a total of nine white, red and green sectors ... with a range of 21 nautical miles.
The two keepers['] houses were used until 1978 when the station was automated. Today the quarters are used by the Wattenmeer National Park and a university.
The Westereversand Lighthouse is believed to be the most photographed German Lighthouse and its image can be found on advertisements and book covers throughout the nation. Information and photo by Karl-Heinz Gaida of Hamburg, Germany.