Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday night

I see the future and it is...teenaged.

Sparky and his friend C. went to a movie tonight (Benchwarmers), the kind of movie I'm glad I am not being forced to see. It looks awful.

But he's happy: happy to have something to do, somewhere to go, someone to hang out with. Beast is off to town to pick them up and drive them home. Because, after all, they are only 13.

We are parents of the '00s: our kid is carrying a cell phone. Technically, it's pretty low-rent, and it's a prepaid "Go Phone" so that he can't get into too much trouble. He took it to school today since we had some issues about a special schedule for end-of-day activities. C. has his own phone. It's a whole new world out there....

Unfortunately, my contribution to the evening has been a %*#( sinus headache, the onset of which coincided with my bath. It made for a pretty sucky bathtime, and I'm trying to hold out till bedtime before I take any meds.

Tomorrow should be fun, at least part of the day. I'm going in to work early (as early as I can roust myself outta bed) so I can catalog the 100 Demand Order books that came in today. {Italian Gestures} Then I'm going to look at pretty, shiny things with a good friend. We'll also giggle a lot, and talk about Stuff, and solve the world's problems (if only people would LISTEN to us)!

So, in preparation for all this excitement I'm taking my crossword and stalking off to my bed. I'll leave you with one hysterically funny squirrel story.

No comments: