Thursday, April 06, 2006

140

That's approximately how many barcodes I've gone through in the past two days. If they all would have been in the database already, I could have done another 40 or so. If I worked at this pace, I could do about 1300 titles a month.

The problem here is that 130 of these have been skinny kids' series books, like this one. When I flipped this one over just now, I took one look at monster on the right side of the picture and said, "OK, that's it!" One of the manners I require is that no one under the age of thirteen should be wearing any lipstick, much less that shade! Oy.

The book about chicken pox has a boy on it with drawn-on pox. And the photos in the book on pink-eye made my stomach turn, especially since my eyes feel like the eyes in the pictures look. Ouchouchouch.

So, the hell with it. I'm done. Between short, creepy people in books and mushy love songs on Launchcast (apparently the fact that I skipped TEN HEAVY METAL/HARD ROCK songs in row caused them to fall off the other end of the scale), I've completely lost any mental stability I might have been able to scrounge. Currently, I've got Boz Scaggs singing "Love, look what you've done to me...leaving me to feel this way..." Hello, junior high.

No comments: