Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mobil Travel Guides

I just spent the last 80 minutes sorting through 14 of the titles in this series. I did two on Thursday before the day imploded. And, FYI, I'd link to the site where Mobil sells these things, but there isn't one. Which is why we had to call our supplier and ask for a copy of the book on the South only to find out that Mobil isn't going to publish one this year because of Katrina. So, if you live in Alabama, Arkansas or Kentucky--oh, well. You, apparently, are underwater with Mississippi and Louisiana.

Having done the snarky approach, I will say it's a bit surreal to look in the Texas book and read all about how close N.O. is to the Great State (er-hum) and how wonderful the French Quarter is, and what restaurants and sites to visit.

Anyway. Yeah. An average of 5 minutes per title for these. Half were pretty straightforward (for serials), but the rest were all messed up. I just went ahead and copied the current OCLC record into each matching local bibliographic record....

HEY, WAKE UP!

This is the sort of thing that makes my internal organs do the cha-cha while also making me wonder if I've developed ADHD or if I'm losing my mind. I can feel myself turning inside out when I have to do this kind of putzy stuff for such a concentrated period of time.

Thank God for "A Chorus Line," The Clash, John Mellencamp, Guns 'n Roses, Billy Joel, Los Lonely Boys, and Guns 'n Roses. If I had to sit here without music, these books would never get done!
....Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

Where do we go
Where do we go now
Ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay.....
Where do we go
Sweet child o' mine

Where's that flask........?

No comments: