Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Lunch is...

...a Whopper Jr. with cheese (no tomato) and a large Diet Coke. Oh, and some week-old Twizzlers I found from the last movie Sparky and I saw.

When I arrived back at my desk to eat, there was a message from Beast. I called him back and we talked just long enough for the sandwich to get cold. Yum: cold mystery-meat. [to be read with sarcasm]

To be fair, though, there were a bunch of things that I needed to ask him about:
--why the laptop won't print without telling me first that the connection to the printer failed
--why we have no picture on the TV and the sound has a hiccup every 3-5 seconds (but we can see the DirecTV guide and the putzy other stuff they give us
--why we haven't seen Sparky's school pictures (taken in Sept.) yet......which led to a lengthy discussion of outstanding checks from October and November
--why he's so far away when all the technology in the house weirds out (hey, at least the furnace hasn't been turned off overnight like it was Saturday night...!)
Best comment from a patron at the Reference Desk today: "I need to have an email account to send an email to this woman??!" [This was 5 seconds after "I've never used a computer before."] She then went and called her husband to ask if it was ok.

Runner-up: This was from a guy who is interested in buying all 25 volumes of a human psychology series published in 1974, which he used to own till he had a 'disagreement' with his landlord. I jokingly said he might need a bigger house for all the books. He chuckled, then laughed really loud and said, "Yeah, or a bigger car!" Couldn't help it: I just stared at him for a beat, and then went into hysterics, with him.

Now my hands smell like Burger King and I'm totally unmotivated about the work I have to do today. It's moderately fun stuff, too. Well, "fun" to me: writing up continuations cards for the items we decided we want to add to the account, and then actually ordering them online.

[Some idiot has already smeared up the chicken drawing I photographed--I hate people.]

No comments: