Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hurricane list

I just came across this year's list of names. The whole article is interesing, but I'm fascinated especially by the fact that both my sister and a very good friend are names of hurricanes (or projected names). Neither of them have 'normal' names, either.

I've been thinking a lot about one of my college roommates who live in Corpus. She is branch manager of a public library there, so she has to stay at least through today to 'cover the book stacks.' Her note actually says:
I will be securing the library (a duty of the Branch Manager).
After that I will be going with the cat to my friend[s'] house to wait out the storm.
Another reason not to be management! She's in the midst of building a house, so I hope this doesn't screw that up as well.

I also noticed that CNN has lost their spell checker: "Highwas are jammed with motorists trying to leave Houston." The news business gets tougher every minute!

It also seems that Louisiana may get hit again, on the other side, where my dad was stationed in the army. I'm not sure my mother would think that another flood would be a bad thing...she's not enamored with Lake Charles.

OK, back to moving biographies. I'm all the way [read with irony, please] up to Rosemary Clooney. sigh

No comments: