Monday, August 22, 2005

Some things move fast

We--Beast and I--are now officially 2/5 of the high school youth leadership team at our church. I mentioned to someone last week that we might be up for it, and SHAZAM!

The previous two couples have done it for over 10 years. I'm not sure I'm up for that long of a term, but I am excited about doing this, for just a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is, quite honestly, that one of the previous leaders can be the most obnoxious jerk in the universe. He can also be a really good guy, but oy--his mouth gets him in so much trouble. Just, oh dear, put a sock in it dude.

So, stay tuned for lots of (anonymous) stories about the weirdness of 16-year-olds. Hey, at least it'll be different from the weirdness of Sparky.

Speaking of whom, we started at it again last night, but luckily we both backed down and dealt with the issue at hand rather than turning it into an accusation contest. And today has been fine. His best friend is spending the night (he starts school Wednesday; Sparky starts next week) so they are eating Chips Ahoy and acting like insufferable goofballs. Which is great. They make me smile, even Z. with his shouting "Triangular!!!" for an hour. It's better than "Moo," ok?

Beast has a sore back from sitting in the car a lot the last few days, and walking, and painting, and...well, he's just totally out of shape, so everything makes him tired. And crabby. It didn't help that somehow our printer driver and the Palm software partially erased themselves in the past day or so. He spent a couple of hours today reinstalling them, re-reinstalling them, re-re-reinstalling them, etc.

Me, well, it's fall and we live in corn country. I love corn on the cob. I am, however, allergic to corn pollen and this time of year it's blowing all over the place. I also spend time in several basements today, exploring antiques. Actually, no; they were cellars. Dank, moist, dusty cellars. My eyes hurt and my throat itches. My glands are sore too. Wheee. Hello, my best friend, Benedryl.

Time to round up the noisy boys and attempt to get them to sleep before 2 a.m. I have to work tomorrow, and I need to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night.

No comments: