Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Chaos at work (mostly)

I don't like chaos. My desk, which is usually cleared at the end of each day--I know, I know--hasn't been cleared for months. It's making me crazy. I have a ton of "oh no {groan} not today!" piles (i.e. ONGNTP) all over the place. And that's just the visible ones...there are about 10 reminders in my Outlook Calendar that I've either "Dismissed" or "Snoozed" for at least a week.

I know part of the reason I'm so scattered right now is that this summer hasn't been cohesive; actually, summers usually aren't cohesive, so that's not a shock. The rest of it this year is just too many projects. I'm a lateral thinker, one of those people who likes to finish one project at a time. This is probably the worst profession I could be in with that kind of brain.

Meanwhile, my cataloging cart is completely full again. In fact, it's overflowing, because some of those ONGNTP have migrated there. I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing on any given day. On top of that, people are on their Last Hurrah vacations before school starts, so my daily schedule is screwed up too.

Here's the real issue: I'm too disorganized right now to make a list of things I need to work on here. My brain feels like I've taken 12 No-Doz, or it has turned into a hummingbird. So I sit here, frozen, picking at a dozen different things and really accomplishing very little.

...and let's not even talk about what's going on at home....or rather, what projects I should be working on there. That's a whole different set of ONGNTP revolving around the book blog, transferring posts to the new work-only blog, getting Sparky ready for school, trying not to panic about this youth group thing we are doing, and the ever-patient Boxes of Doom, er... Crap of My Mom's, er ... Family Memorabilia that are sitting in the garage.

I need a secretary.

No comments: