Thursday, May 05, 2005

Banner day

Another take on my drive to work:

  1. I empty our book drop near my house on Wednesdays and Thursdays. There were 30 items in it this morning, which is about 4 times the usual number. Thank goodness I brought my new bag from World Market (it's not on the site, but it's a garish ad for the Taj Majal complete with sequins...). About three of them were picture books; everything else was HEAVY.
  2. I blew through the only stop sign on the main drag near my house. Totally missed it...till I was IN the intersection. At least the cop wasn't there, nor were any kids waiting for buses. My mind was....who-knows-where...maybe on emptying the book drop.
  3. My odometer turned 60,000. Woo-hoo.
Now I'm at work and thanking God for C.W. McCall's "Black Bear Road." A great laugh. And for John Denver singing "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Things are looking up.



P.S. Ya'll are letting the Beast off pretty lightly for Mother's Day. Yeah, I like daisies, but shouldn't I get more than a U2 concert out of things this year??

No comments: