Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Stacked

...on my desk. With my name on them, as reserves. Not even checked out yet. Some have been waiting for a month now. Listed in the order they appeared on my desk:
Then there is this list (on the sidebar), of things I do have checked out:
  • The Unending Mystery by David Willis McCullough
  • The Stories of English, by David Crystal
  • With Charity Toward Non: A Fond Look at Misanthropy, by Florence King
  • The Torching, by Marcy Heidish
  • Who Betrays Elizabeth Bennet? Further Puzzles in Classic Fiction, by John Sutherland
  • London's Underworld: Three Centuries of Crime and Vice, by Fergus Linnane (again) The
  • Rule of Four, by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
  • NOW: No Opportunity Wasted, by Phil Koeghan
Minus Sparky's book and the cookbook, there really isn't a book on that list that will take me less than 4 or 5 hours to finish. Maybe the gardening book...no, that will require list-making and so forth.

The temptation is great--
My cart is cleared
I really have nothing pressing to do
The boss isn't here today
I'm alone (no other techs here today)
I'm bored and antsy and mentally more-than-ready to go home
-- but I'm trying NOT to pick one of these up to read. Especially not George or Peters....

Aaarrrghhhhhhh.

No comments: