Thursday, January 13, 2005

Morning Miscellany

1. Harold Bloom has a new book out, called “Genius.” Aside from sarky response to the author himself, I’m giggling at LC’s subject headings: Genius (ok duh) and Gifted Persons. My name isn’t listed in the table of contents, which is arranged (wait for it) kabbalah-istically.

2. “Kill Your Idols” edited by Jim DeRogatis & Carmél Carrillo: 34 essayists each trash a supposed “classic” album that they loathe. Among the albums chosen are Sgt. Pepper, Tommy, The Dark Side of the Moon, Born to Run, Never Mind the Bollocks…, The Joshua Tree, Nevermind, It Takes a Nation of Millions…. Surely there is something in here to piss everyone off: “Hey, that is too a classic!!" I know there are at least three essays that I’ll be reading.

3. Copying from The Cataloguer, I’m adding a blogpet. I hope I’m not allergic. See the sidebar, and click to check up on it.

4. The scent of Neutrogena hand lotion sends me right back to the office of my former boss (a.k.a. The Psycho Locked-Ward-Suicidal Embezzler Boss from Hell).

5. Cheap (i.e. under $30) bras suck. You boys out there just have no freakin’ idea….

No comments: