Thursday, December 23, 2004

Ribbons

Mood: OK, plowing through books like nobody's business!
Hair: Same. Only maybe moreso.
Listening to: Jamiroquai "Synkronized" [Butterfly]

The fake ribbons sprouting everywhere on people's cars alternately annoy me and make me roll my eyes. They remind me of the "Baby on Board" trend of the late 80s. It's cool and interesting when one person does it; when every car has one, the overall effect is quite diminished. And like Lady Crumpet, I question those I see on SUVs: "Support Our Troops While I Drive a Gas Guzzler, Which, By the Way, is the REAL Reason We Went to War in Iraq." Mostly, I just don't like being a sheep.

[Yeah, I know, so why do I have a blog?]

But the Lady found a website where you can design your own ribbon. Not only that, you can elect to have it made for indoor OR outdoor use. There are some other fun things on the site, too.

[Where Do We Go From Here]



Note to self: this CD is pretty good white-Brit funk/disco/soul/jazz. Probably wouldn't be a bad one to actually buy...

No comments: