Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Foggy day

Mood: OK
Hair: Big barrette

I'm wearing jeans and a turtleneck and sitting at the Ref desk. Had my mid-year review this morning...obviously I wasn't fired, in spite of my clothing issues.

Yesterday was dispiriting: I broke my PC. Broke-broke it. Had to call Sleek in special, and even he was appalled at my destruction. He spent 3 hours on it yesterday getting it to reboot properly (and he nicely saved my Favorites folder before deleting every-damn thing). But I'm still dealing with random Explorer windows opening, even when I'm not 'exploring' anything. He's working on it again today.

So I'm deskless today. It's somewhat freeing, and I've been forced to work on non-cataloging stuff, which is good in some ways. On the other hand, there's a bunch of stuff waiting for my attention, and I've only got one more day this week to do it.

I'm going north this weekend, scrapbooking with my best friend and her in-utero baby (and 300-plus of our closest acquaintances) for the whole weekend. Hopefully, I will get my England pix in an album (or two--if I can get Sparky's organized). Beyond that, it would be nice to get the pictures taken other times over the last year figured out. [insert laughter here]

So that's my life. Not great, but not awful. I'm refusing to go through the litany of physical complaints, and trying to keep the mental monsters at bay. Friday's post is going to be a downer, so I'm determined to keep all the downer stuff in one day this week. Because, except for the fog, it's a great day!

No comments: