Saturday, October 02, 2004

Yeah, I'm supposed to be doing chores...

...but I'm not; I'm on the computer instead.

I like the quotation line-up today too--interesting mix:
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
John Lehman (1942 - ), Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987

Ahhh. A man with a sharp wit. Someone ought to take it away from him before he cuts himself.
Peter da Silva

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them.
H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
RE yesterday's list:
--No Ren Fair-thing, hence no Old Navy on the way (too much to do)
--Bread is about half-done (on second rising) and will take it to church this afternoon, where I will also run a membership list for CROP walk
--Laundry is in progress
--Called to order my scrapbook stuff for next month
--Shopping list created (with Sparky's "help")
--Read (E! Weekly, Eragon)
--Have started updating and coordinating the calendars for October
Last night, Sparky & I had leftovers for dinner, watched "Survivor" on tape, played Trash, watched the end of 'HP/Chamber...' on HBO (I played solitaire), talked to The Beast (in code since his mom was right next to him), had a glass of wine in the bathtub, and crashed out. In bed, by the way.

"Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" is just starting on NPR, so I have to go now.

No comments: