Tuesday, October 05, 2004

350

Yeah.

It's lunchtime. Jello, crackers, cheese and a Kit-Kat bar. Cuz I'm nothin' if not a junk-food princess.

On my 5-minute break at my desk, I came across these thanks to the Quotations Page:
  • Lawyers, I suppose, were children once. -- Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)
    Some of them were even cute, blond-haired Minnesotans, in fact. Hi A!

  • Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. -- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary
    Hmmm, this is a little opaque, but I do love Bierce's take on reality. Most of the time...

  • My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music. -- Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)
    Great, now I'm channelling Nabokov...

  • Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963), Vendeta for the Western World, 1945
    Yep. He was onto something there.
But yea--350 posts in about 9 months.

No comments: