Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Lonely Days (with apologies to B., R. and M.)

Mood: Good
Hair: Down & curled

Good morning Mister Sunshine, you'd brighten up my day if only you were actually shining!
Come sit beside me in your way. Come to think of it, sit beside me in any way at all.
I see you every morning--except today, when Sparky will be canoeing for 36 hours.
The music plays so nonchalant.

Lonely days, lonely nights. Where will I be without my men?
Lonely days, lonely nights. Where will I be without my men?

Good morning Mister Sunshine, you'll brighten up my day sometime next week, or over the weekend, while I'm at work. Both days.
Come sit beside me. PLEASE!?

Lonely days, lonely nights. Where will I be without my men?
Lonely days, lonely nights. Where will I be without my men?

[OK, I'll tell you: at a friend's visiting with a former pastor and her husband. At home, playing music really loud while inputting and annotating my vac journal.]

Check out the time stamp. I'm at work. And Sparky is on a bus headed toward S@uk C!ty and cold water and weather. Glad I don't have to sleep outside tonight....brrrr.... The Beast is on an out-of-state business trip. I'm alone. Trying to get done early with work so I can appreciate the aloneness. ;-)

No comments: