Thursday, May 20, 2004

Workflow jam

To explain my workflow a bit: when no libraries in our consortia own the specific item I've got in my hand, I am supposed to find the proper OCLC record, copy the number and send it to our system office for downloading into the consortial database.

The Great God usually drops these records in no later than 9 a.m. the next morning.

HOWEVER! I've sent several files to the G.G. over the past week or so; he has been at least one day late on virtually every one. I specifically needed to use the ones I sent to him yesterday early this morning. I even put that in the email.

So...it's 10:00 now....nothin'. I'm ok with this on an occasional basis (stuff happens after all). But this has been happening for the last week to 10 days. It totally balls up my workflow.

I also emailed the G.G. Tuesday pleading for help on connecting up with OCLC--which would alleviate the whole previous issue!--even offering bribes and (non-burnt) bakery offerings. He hasn't even emailed me back that he's working on it. Very very veryveryvery annoying.

The only saving grace at this point is Amy's mix tape (J1).


EDITED: (2:10 p.m.)
Still nothing. I've got to leave at 2:30. Annoyed? Yep.

No comments: