Thursday, April 01, 2004

3/28

  • We go to church. In an attempt to jump-start everyone and remind us of the New Covenant, we sing songs this congregation doesn't know, and some we don't know either. The last one was yucky. The rest were ok, but Jan insists the modern ones are pablum. Whatever. I like them, especially the ones we use at home...

  • After lunch, Marie drives Beast & me, with Mom around backroads. There is such a vast spread of wealth (or not) in this county. I hadn't realized there was a reservoir 10 minutes from Cedaredge called, prosaically (and not at all poetically) enough, Fru!tgr0wers Reserv0ir.

  • Dinner. We take Mom home again. See, she really isn't a vampire. She does love playing the martyr though...

  • Sparky eventually corrals all of us for an unscored game of Balderdash. Pretty fun. He's nearly old enough to really understand adult games like this. He stumped all of us a few times with his "definitions."

  • Better sleep, (exhaustion?) but now my back is so sore it can't recover over the course of the day. I'm longing for my own bed, a sure sign of middle age!
Generally, another terrific day. More great weather. A few cracks in our Annoyance Rejection Facade; he's wearing us down. [If you don't know what I mean, picture an 8-year-old in an adult's body, with some ADHD characteristics thrown in.]

No comments: