Saturday, January 31, 2004

Saturday at work

It's 1:30, just got back from lunch and I haven't touched any cataloging. Everything I've done has been cleanup. The boss left me two big stacks of goofups, plus other assorted questions (obviously she's back from Budgetland). Other fun stuff:

  • There was no heat in Reference this morning. The custodian came and scraped off the roof. Heat now?? Dunno--it is, as usual, 112 degrees back here either way!--Headache Woman has not come back in the workroom to give an update recently.
  • I'm supposed to know how rejected email overdues work??
  • It's Rodentia Time, so we had extra people here for a program. Not to mention the giant, woman-sized woodchuck. It's Quick Study again. She just needs to say 'no.'
  • I met Steven Toboloski.
  • Signup day for Story hours. [We're going to Lisa & Greg's for dinner?? They were signing up the boys for storytime. Good thing: I'd forgotten about dinner. Must call Jenny about Spring Crop at the resort town to the north of us... When will I wrap presents and get the house organized for tomorrow?]
  • People are returning damaged material all over the consortia and no one at circ knows what to do about/with it. Like I do??
  • Waves of hysterical laughter at Unshelved today. Maniac and I are throwing our arms up overhead and giggling over candy canes. She was even eating one at the time.
  • Head injury at the front door, when a kid landed on ice. Accident report, visualizing lawsuits....how does the damn camera work?!? Blood everywhere.
  • Realization of yet another scheduling gaffe: meeting our pastor re PowerChurch Monday morning at 9 but already have a date with Katherine in towards The Big City at 10:30 to give over her Xmas AND birthday gifts.
  • Uhh, Sunday School.......when to look at lesson and plan....?
  • Embarrassingly enough, my legs hurt from scrubbing the bathtub. That's all I did that was remotely physical yesterday. I refuse to count shopping as physical activity. I thought I was using elbow grease, not quad grease!
Welcome to my life.